Saturday, September 17, 2011

Running and Grandma Hanley

As I start marathon training, most of my runs go through the parks, peaceful, interesting, always different, and always fun. Kinda like Grandma.

Ever since February, the last part of my runs have always reminded me of my Grandma.

It's ~.3 miles, a slow uphill incline to a stop light. Regardless of what song comes on, or who I am talking to, I am always reminded of Grandma. It's just been my thing....

And running towards the stop light at the end reminds me of how Grandma would talk to me, live her life, our constantly inspire us to live our lives:

Blocked by trees= no worries, you know where to go, just follow your feet and keep living life to the fullest


Red = hurry up so you can catch it turning green again, don't rest and live the moment to the fullest.

Yellow = "nuts to the squirrels" or, learn to adjust life accordingly

Green = you can see the finish, I'm proud of you regardless of how you finish, or if the finish line changes.


Or, I can skip the light and make a left turn instead. But, then have a short/steep challenging hill, reminding me to keep pushing.


People come and go in our lives. But Grandma came, and still lives within each of us she touched throughout our daily lives.

Regardless of when I run (light/dark/cold/wet/hot), this light is always there, a constant reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment